Monday, August 8, 2011

mud, tape and paint

I know, I know, it's been awhile since I've posted an update.  I didn't think ya'll would want to hear "today he sanded and did some more mudding " over and over and over so here's a bit of what's been going on ....the Ta Da wall fell down the other day while we were watching t.v.



Dear Hubby decided that he'd rather try his hand at "wet sanding" rather than put the wall back up.  The wet sanding process - whatever that is - worked pretty well.  There was still dust but not NEARLY as much as I thought there would be. Which means dear hubby can live awhile longer. He wants to paint before he starts installing cabinets and stuff so here's what we now have...



go ahead, talk about my sink full of dirty dishes...it's The Boy's job and he fell down on it - slept is more like it don't ya think?


the areas not covered with sheetrock will be hidden by cabinets and there is more work to do, but Dear Hubby isn't worried about anyone seeing the mud and tape job so that's why it isn't done.



 there is a door standing in the spot for the door to the new bathroom...it's not installed but you get the idea....

More later...for now, I'm hot and ready to go sit in front of a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment