Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's the little things


Ummmmmm, honey, I don't think the trusses should be able to move like that.  Almost all of them in the kitchen do this too.  So, before the next wall can be moved, dear hubby gets to spend a day in the attic putting in stiff backs (or something like that) - which I'm sure is going to make his back even stiffer than it is right now. I heard him say to a friend "right now I'm not so sure the house isn't standing up on that one wall." Ummm, the one we want to take out?!  Tornado season is upon us, I don't really want to hear stuff like that.  But then again the brick on the outside got a bit of a re-mortar job last year so hopefully this little piggies house won't blow down.  Anyway, back to the story.  So before dear hubby gets to sit in the sauna he had to sweet talk a friend to come over and help with the wiring.  



No more of the can lights, or any fixtures that mount to the studs for that matter, can be mounted until the aforementioned truss problem is remedied.  On the plus side, all the knob and tube wiring is gone - or that's what I think I overheard the men say.  I know there's less old looking stuff and more new looking stuff up there and that makes me smile.
as of yesterday morning this was going to be where the fridge will go and a small 3/4 bath. After having coffee over the whole kitchen plan (the computer program I bought has been long forgotten by the way), we decided to scrap the island (for those of you who know me, you know this was HUGE for me, I've always wanted an island but alas, space and functionality got the best of me).  I now will have a penisula. The double oven will go where the fridge was going to go and the fridge will go over by the sink where the double oven was going to be.  Are you following me here?  What did this mean, besides I don't get an island? It meant that dear hubby had to move a wall he just started putting up...10 inches to the south....
I came home from work earlier this week and almost all the plaster was gone from the kitchen...











what a difference a day makes...and he took all the plaster that has come out of the house to his sister's land!

Right now it's all about the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment