Saturday, April 23, 2011

nothing like feeling loved!

My 45th birthday....

The celebration of my birth began at work with TWO cakes on Thursday...and I got to take home the leftovers!  For those of you who don't know me, I LOVE cake - especially white, with raspberry filling and butter cream icing from my favorite local bakery, anything chocolate, lemon, coconut, banana, well let's just say I generally go to showers and weddings for the cake. Just sayin'. 

that chocolate cake is made with Guinness Beer and it is AWESOME!  Maybe someday Candice will share her recipe with me. hint, hint. The other is the aforementioned white with raspberry filling and butter cream icing.  Unfortunately I had to share with my guys.  Especially since when I got home I saw some signs of progress in the kitchen...

 








I got cards, texts, phone calls, and facebook posts from many loved ones....







Mom made me a really cool bag!
 my picture taking skills don't do it justice!

I went shopping with the birthday money Dad sent me - got a new dress for Easter, a pair of slacks and two tops.  Fastest shopping trip ever!  I called a friend that I knew would be honest with me, you know the kind that will say "you have GOT to be kidding me girl! Here, try this.", and will bring you clothes to the dressing room so you don't have to keep getting dressed and undressed?  We went to Macy's, caught a sale and were in and out of there in 30 minutes!  That's my kind of shopping! 
For shopping at Promenade on Earth Day, which was the day before my birthday, I got a bag - which I'll put with the other "green" bags I have and will then forget to take 'em with me when I go get groceries.  Oh well, I try....

Dear hubby took me out last night for dinner and a night on the town and today, THE Day, I got to sleep in and do whatever I wanted - within reason, while hubby installed wiring and lighting in the kitchen...I feel so loved!  Thank you to everyone who made me feel special!  I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside - and no, that's not tequila I feel!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment