Thursday, March 31, 2011

21 years and counting

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary.  I am the one that plans ahead.  I got him a card when I went to the grocery store last week, that I was sure he saw when he helped put up the groceries.  I've mentioned our anniversary several times in the last few weeks.  His phone has a reminder on it and he got that earlier this week. 

I gave him his gift and card this morning and got "OH NO!"...are  you KIDDING me?!  It's not like Easter where the date changes from year to year, it's the exact same date EVERY year. 

He dropped me off at work this morning and then about an hour or so later he shows up with flowers from Reasors, still in the plastic wrapper and with the price tag still on it - no vase - and a card.  Last of the big time spenders is what I've got here.  We won't even talk about how totally romantic that is...

I'd like to say he forgot because he has so much on his mind with the whole remodel thing but this is standard operating procedure for my dear hubby.  Him forgetting is why I gave him the EXACT same card until he caught on - after the 10th year.

Will he ever remember and plan ahead?  Probably  not.  Gotta love him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment