Friday, March 18, 2011

day three of work

Today was the third day of real work in the kitchen.  I JUST thought I was going to lay around and read a book at least one day of my spring break vacation.  Some day when the work is all done I can rest, right?  So here's what it looked like just as we got started...


behind that wall is a closet to the middle bedroom which will be relocated...(the closet not the bedroom)

there's the closet door leading to the bedroom, right now it's helping to keep the dust somewhat contained. The next picture is what I'm excited about right now.  See that baby crap greenish yellow wall?  Behind that is a brick chimney that was built into the house in 1925 and was the exhaust for the floor furnaces that used to be here.  Check it out...

my dear hubby will have to fill in a few bricks 'cause the house used to have a wood stove (or that's our best guess) and the pipe went into the chimney, but I think keeping this part will look cool.


next the wall between the dining room and kitchen will come out. First Johnny has to make sure the a/c unit won't fall through the ceiling before he takes out anymore studs.

Speaking of studs, a previous worker, from a previous remodel on the house left a present...
the upper cabinets are now all out too...

I think I need a nap.  I'm sure Johnny does.

No comments:

Post a Comment